When L. Reuteri Superfood or L. Gasseri Superfood are fermented, the result is quite tangy and is often separated into curds and whey (solids and liquid).
A separated batch is usually perfectly good and delicious. Separation is mostly a cosmetic thing. Read about it here.
Today we're making a fun and frozen treat from a separated batch.
One of the best ways to balance the tang is to serve the cultured dairy with fruit / nuts / natural sweetener, etc.
The separation will be less noticeable too.
Prep time: 3 minutes
Makes: 1 small bowl
- 1 cup of both whey and curds from a separated L. Reuteri/L. Gasseri Cultured Superfood. For a thinner consistency, use more whey than curds (and vice versa)
- A handful of frozen fruit
- Optional: natural sweetener to taste and a squirt of vanilla extract
- (This step is optional) Stir vanilla and sweetener into a bowl of L. Reuteri/L. Gasseri Cultured Superfood. Do not blend.
- Combine the L. Reuteri/L. Gasseri Cultured Superfood with frozen fruit (see picture). Do not blend. Serve.