In the episode New Study: Fermenting Fruit and Veggies Makes PolyPhenols More Effective, and Eliminates Carbs & Plant Toxins*, Dr. Sean O'Mara MD JD discusses how fermentation enhances the bioavailability of micronutrients from plants.
- What are polyphenols (antioxidants) and why they are important
- What is bioavailability
- All by themselves, polyphenols from raw fruit and vegetables are not well absorbed by the body
- Fermentation increases the bioavailability of polyphenols found in fruits and vegetables
- What happens to various compounds during fermentation
- Fermented foods contain live cultures
- What to look for when buying fermented foods in the store:
- live cultures
- look in the refrigerated section, not in the aisles
- prioritize products least exposed to light
As a company specializing in fermentation, our focus is on fermentation. There are other topics discussed in the episode that we can neither endorse nor reject
The information above is for general knowledge, and is not to be taken as individual medical/nutritional advice. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*Episode name on YouTube: "NEW Study: FERMENTING Fruit Veggies Makes PolyPhenols More Effective, Eliminates Carbs & plant Toxin"