On the menu today is a refreshing, healthy summer smoothie.
Supergoodness in a glass!
Go get some kefir and let's get started.
If you don't have kefir, this recipe will work great with either of the following:
- L. Reuteri Superfood cultured dairy that has separated into curds and whey
- L. Gasseri Superfood cultured dairy that has separated into curds and whey
Prep times: 5 minutes
- 1 cup plain kefir (or replacement)
- 1 ripe banana, chunked
- 1 cup berries of your choice, fresh or frozen. (If frozen, let defrost ahead of time to facilitate blending)
- Optional: a splash of milk/cream
Use the lowest blender setting to gently blend all ingredients until desired consistency. Serve or refrigerate.
- Get our Easy Kefir starter here
- Get our L. Reuteri Superfood starter here
- Get our L. Gasseri Superfood starter here
In a separated batch, the 'curds' are the solid, and the 'whey' is the translucent liquid