- L. Reuteri cultured superfood made with our L. Reuteri starter, or
- L. Gasseri cultured superfood made with our L. Gasseri starter, or
- Yogurt made with our probiotic Yogurt Plus starter
- L. Reuteri Superfood ferments for 36 hours
- L. Gasseri Superfood ferments for 36 hours
- Yogurt Plus yogurt ferments for about 8 hours
- 1 cup fermented dairy (You can use both curds and whey: use more curds than whey for a thicker consistency)
- Black pepper, a pinch
- Ground sweet paprika, a pinch
- Ground turmeric, a pinch
- Fresh or dried dill, a pinch
- Any other fresh/dried herb/seasoning to your liking, such as salt, sliced olives, onion, garlic, etc.
Today we'll be making a flavorful probiotic dip, suitable with vegetable sticks or as a salad dressing or all by itself!
This recipe will work great with:
As opposed to factory-made dips, ours will be made of a real, living food (L. Reuteri or L. Gasseri or yogurt). It will therefore taste fresh, alive, and quite a bit tangier than store-bought equivalents.
This pleasant tang is the result of a long fermentation process of our homemade fermented dairy:
For comparison, factory-made fermented dairy is often fermented for about 4 hours (depends on the product).
Not crazy about tang? Yogurt Plus will yield a much milder flavor.
Looking for more tang? Go for either L. Reuteri or L. Gasseri superfoods
Makes: 1 small bowl
Prep times: 5 minutes
Add all ingredients into a bowl, stir well. Refrigerate or serve.